Simple Pan Fried Corn
- 2 ears of corn on the cob
- ¼ cup sweet peppers diced
- 1tbls olive oil
- 1 tbls butter
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 shallot (or small onion) diced
- ¼ cup celery diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- Place skillet on stove on high heat.
- While the pan is heating, remove the kernels from the corn cob.
- When the skillet is slightly smoking, add olive oil and butter (the olive oil keeps the butter from burning).
- Add the garlic to the skillet and stir until you can smell the garlicky smell.
- Add all the ingredients and toss.
- Let the ingredients cook for three minutes without stirring (this will caramelize the sugar in the corn and onions).
- Add salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste.
- Stir again and allow to cook for three more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.